Land economics is concerned with the management
and development of land and property in an economical and sustainable
Rights and responsibilities to coastal lands continues to be a
pressing issue for both business and communities. Diane's focus
is on removing the mystique from the land economic regeneration
appraisal process, and highlighting its reality and relevance to
you and your objectives in master planning and strategy.
Making the right judgment at the right time on the viability of
the project be it commercial, industrial, residential or for mixed
use needs experience and professional expertise (The Royal Institution
of Chartered Surveyors -RICS), as well as the entrepreneurial skills
of the deal maker. By helping you understand the development process
and by assessing the balance of risk and reward as well as any return
on cost, Dumashie Associates are able to bring a new dimension to
the project team. This is often the difference between profit and
loss or success or failure.
With a total of 18 years professional work experience in industry
and consultancy Diane has gained experience associated with land
and real estate administration, environmental resources, and development
and regeneration processes. This combines with hands on understanding
in both corporate industry working at board level and SME’s
Portfolio Activities include:
Land reform and Regeneration
- Fundamentals of land law - economic and social analysis and
the primary technologies relating to development including the
preparation of instructions for, and negotiations of complex legal
- Legal economic – working knowledge and financial considerations
which contribute to the making of sound plans for sustainable
land use and development and the practical realisations of objectives.
- Strategic property reviews- interim management maximising best
value objectives (public nationalised and private).
- Project management- development, monitoring and evaluation of
large-scale land development projects including, financial appraisals
- Site assembly - resolving constraints, maximising realisable
value in the context of business objectives and multi owned/land
assembly to achieve joint venture working.
- Regeneration - project implementation including, Land use planning,
land transactions sourcing development finance.
- Industrial reuse- Development of urban land the provision and
updating of buildings for residential, industrial or commercial
Land and property administration and strategy
- Estate and assets- portfolio administration and record keeping,
management of land and buildings.
- Residential - letting strategies, affordable/ key worker housing.
- Interim real estate management - maximising best value objectives
(nationalised & private Companies).
- Business development- for SME and Corporate Organisations expansion,
retraction strategies, rationalisation, development.
- Advice on terms of occupation or disposal of land.
Land use development and Planning
- Land procurement and acquisition strategies,
- Finance and site appraisal, development feasibility,
- Development land use planning allied to master planning,
- The development and management of rural land transferring to
Protecting the natural environment and amenity values
- Marine resource management- Land resource evaluation, Managing
coastal projects, Research and development, Coastal space conflict
- Development of appropriate physical and environmental planning
Project management of new planning process